http://www.autismtreatmentcenter.org – Oprah interviews Barry (Bears) Neil Kaufman, the co-founder of The Son-Rise Program® and the Autism Treatment Center of America™ in Sheffield, MA. Oprah and Bears discuss The Son-Rise Program’s approach that Bears used to fully recover his son, Raun, from severe autism. The Son-Rise Program is a loving, accepting, home based approach that parents use to connect with their children and help them emerge from autism and other developmental disorders. It was awarded the Best Autism Therapy at the AutismOne National Conference.Barry Neil Kaufman is the author of Son-Rise: The Miracle Continues and A Miracle To Believe In, as well as Happiness Is A Choice, Giant Steps, PowerDialogues and No Regrets.
The Son-Rise Program® can change your child’s future . . .
• Awarded “Best Autism Therapy” at the AutismOne National Conference
• Allows your child to be your guide
• You are your child’s best resource
• Join your child in their world – rather than force
• them to conform to a world they don’t understand
The Son-Rise Program Start-Up
The Son-Rise Program Start-Up is a 5-day group training program for parents, relatives and professionals looking to facilitate meaningful progress in their children (ages 18 months through 60 years) challenged by Autism, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), Asperger’s Syndrome, High Functioning Autism and other related developmental difficulties.
Exciting, inspiring and diverse presentations by a group of seasoned and dedicated teachers, will deliver to you the autism strategies, expertise, motivation and knowledge honed through years of working with thousands of families and children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. At the end of this course, you will have all the tools necessary to design and implement your own home-based Son-Rise Program, as well as the skills and attitude to impact your child’s growth in all areas of learning, communication, development and skill acquisition.
The Son-Rise Program Start-Up is designed to help those with children of varying ages, from 18 months through 60 years, with a wide range of developmental difficulties, most commonly Autism Spectrum Disorders and Pervasive Developmental Disorders.
1. Exciting, inspiring and diverse presentations by a group of seasoned and dedicated teachers, will deliver to you the autism strategies, skills, motivation and knowledge honed through years of working with thousands of families and children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
2. Dynamic group exercises that spotlight key challenges in working with children
3. Comprehensive video and audio training
4. A powerful slide presentation that demystifies the seemingly randon and confusing behavior of special children
5. Question and answer forums to address critical questions and concerns
6. An opportunity to brainstorm autism strategies and network with other parents, professionals and teachers facing similar challenges
7. An in-depth manual that walks you step by step through all the
key elements of The Son-Rise Program
To arrange for a ComplimentaryCall with a Son-Rise Program Advisor call:
To learn more: http://www.autismtreatmentcenter.org/
1 of the things that is very important to me is being Counted in! I am a human being and that means that I should be included in activities that is happening in my community, for example if I want to go to the movies with friends or by myself I should be able to do just that, another fact that is not always upheld is regardless of if someone has a disability or not being kind to each other is very important! in fact people who are kind to others are often raise that persons self esteem and confidence! It might even save someone from darkness, anger, and hatred, which is extremely important! When I think of my past I wish that more people were kind to me. Since we are on the subject of the word important and kindness, 3 other things that I should mention are first a obstacle I overcame which is almost dying from Asthma I was about 24 at the time, when all of a sudden my Asthma got really bad, I had to go to the ICU Intensive Care Unit. I was a sleep for 10 days when I woke up I was very, very weak I could not move at all I even had a catheter but I won’t go into that, anyway when I gained a little bit of my strength back I went through physical and occupational therapy, but I survived any obstacle that you go through you can beat it! My present goals are to start a dating, socialization, and travel website for people with autism, etc. Regarding goals each and every person who are alive today on this earth should be able to make they’re dreams comes come true!! My hobbies are watching anime, and food! I especially like doing these activities with my friends! Speaking of friends everyone here at this conference should never be afraid to speak their mind and always be included in what ever they want to be included in, no matter who you are, where you come from, and what your circumstances are you deserve respect, and you deserve to be counted in!!